Fiscal policies reflect stewardship of our healthcare system, conducting business with integrity and accountability. Fiscal policies ensure AMITA Health can continue providing health care for everyone in the communities we are privileged to serve.
- House Bill 62:2018 Appropriates $2 from the General Revenue Fund to the Central Illinois Economic Development Authority for its FY20 ordinary and contingent expenses. STATUS: Public Act as of June 28, 2019.
- House Bill 142: Amends the Bond Authorization Act. STATUS: Public Act as of June 28, 2019.
- House Bill 2897:Amends the Department of Public Health Powers and Duties Law of the Civil Administrative Code of Illinois. Provides that the Department shall investigate and apply for federal funding opportunities, including, but not limited to, a specified federal grant, to support maternal mental health, to the extent that programs are financed, in whole, by federal funds. STATUS: Public Act as of July 12, 2019.
- Senate Bill 689:Amends the State Tax Preparer Oversight Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the short title. STATUS: Public Act as of June 5, 2019.
- Senate Bill 1321: Amends the Illinois Public Aid Code. Requires the Department of Human Services to promote the availability of the Child Care Assistance Program. Provides that the target audience for the Department’s promotion efforts must include all families with children under age 13, families eligible for child care assistance, and child care providers. STATUS: Public Act as of August 5, 2019.
- Senate Bill 1814: Amends the State Finance Act. Provides that the appropriations authorized under Article 137 through Article 166 of Public Act 100-0586 may also be used for costs incurred prior to July 1, 2018. Repeals provisions concerning FY19 prior incurred costs on January 1, 2020. STATUS: Public Act as of June 5, 2019.
- Senate Bill 2026:Prohibits the State from applying for any federal waiver that would reduce or eliminate any protection or coverage required under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) that was in effect on January 1, 2017, including, but not limited to, any protection for persons with pre-existing conditions and coverage for services identified as essential health benefits under the ACA. STATUS: Total Veto Stands as of October 30, 2019.
- Senate Bill 1449:Amends the Illinois Insurance Code. Provides that every insurer that amends, delivers, issues, or renews a group or individual policy or certificate of disability insurance or disability income insurance shall ensure parity for the payment of mental, emotional, nervous, or substance use disorders or conditions. STATUS: Public Act as of August 9, 2019.
2018 Legislation –
- Senate Bill 1573: 2018 Hospital assessment redesign legislation relating to contracts between the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (DHFS) and Managed Care Organizations (MCO). STATUS: Public Act as of March 12, 2018.
- Senate Bill 1773: 2018 Hospital assessment redesign legislation including but not limited to payments to facilities, payment methodologies, licensing of facilities, and developing a hospital transformation program. STATUS: Public Act as of March 12, 2018.
- Senate Bill 2189: Opposed by Presence Health. Requires the Department of Healthcare and Family Services to establish a Medicaid Smart Card Pilot Program designed to reduce the average monthly cost under the State’s Medical Assistance Program for recipients. STATUS: Bill is no longer under consideration.