Fiscal policies reflect stewardship of our healthcare system, conducting business with integrity and accountability. Fiscal policies ensure AMITA Health can continue providing health care for everyone in the communities we are privileged to serve.
2018 Legislation –
- Senate Bill 1573: 2018 Hospital assessment redesign legislation relating to contracts between the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (DHFS) and Managed Care Organizations (MCO). STATUS: Public Act as of March 12, 2018.
- Senate Bill 1773: 2018 Hospital assessment redesign legislation including but not limited to payments to facilities, payment methodologies, licensing of facilities, and developing a hospital transformation program. STATUS: Public Act as of March 12, 2018.
- Senate Bill 2189: Opposed by Presence Health. Requires the Department of Healthcare and Family Services to establish a Medicaid Smart Card Pilot Program designed to reduce the average monthly cost under the State’s Medical Assistance Program for recipients. STATUS: Bill is no longer under consideration.
- Senate Bills 6 and 42: Appropriations and budget implementation bills to fully fund the state for fiscal year 2017. Amended to remove proposed cuts to Medicaid. STATUS: Passed both the House and the Senate. Both chambers voted to override the Governor’s veto. Effective date July 6, 2017.
- House Bill 173: Long term acute care facility payments for assessments on occupied bed days will be automatically delayed for any month for which payment for all Medicaid bed days has not been received by a facility. STATUS: Public Act as of June 1, 2018.